I hope you all had a fabulous Grand Prix weekend! Now it’s time to prepare for the Indy 500 this summer! The Indy 500 will take place Sunday, May 27, 2012. For those of you who don’t know, The Indianapolis 500 is the world’s most famous and prestigious auto race. The Indianapolis Motor Speedway and the surrounding areas during the Indianapolis 500 turn into a Mardi Gras-like atmosphere during the entire race weekend. I have been attending the Indy 500 since I was a little kid. It’s such a fun experience and I recommend you all to go!
* The fashion is a little different from Grand Prix. Prepare to cut off those jean shorts and bring out the bandana. The more “hick” you look, the better!
* The Indianapolis Motor Speedway is the world’s largest spectator sporting facility, with more than 250,000 permanent seats. If the seat boards from the grandstands at IMS were laid end-to-end, they would stretch 99.5 miles.
- Coca-Cola products: More than 16,000 gallons, which would fill two tanker trucks
- Miller Lite and other beer products: More than 14,000 gallons
- Indy Dogs: If laid end-to-end, would circle the 2.5-mile IMS oval more than two times
- Bratwurst: If laid end-to-end, would circle the 2.5-mile IMS oval more than one time
- Brickyard Burgers: More than 10,000 pounds, equal to the weight of six IZOD IndyCars
- Track fries: More than 24,000 pounds, equal to the weight of an elephant
- Chicken tenders: More than 2,000 pounds, equal to the weight of 13 Borg-Warner Trophies
- Ketchup: More than 475 gallons, which would fill 10 bathtubs
- Ice: More than 300,000 pounds