The 1997 film is back in 3D and better than ever! The movie Titanic is definitely worth seeing again. Flush the Fashion wrote a great review on Titanic 3D. Since this is a fashion blog… I want to focus on the fashion. I absolutely love the fashion in the movie. Everything from the style of the dresses to the designs are elegant and perfect. “For the first-class passengers aboard theTitanic, status was everything. Elegantly attired ladies strolled the ship’s pristine decks and opulent dining rooms in dainty lace and chiffon withextravagant trim, oversized hats, long, white gloves and exquisite jewels.”
I found ensembles inspired by Titanic being created today. Here are the Past & Present Creations:
* The beautiful costumes were designed by Deborah Lynn Scott.
* The Boarding Suit: This is the original suit created for Kate Winslet to wear in the film.
* Rose’s Tea Gown: This is the original tea/luncheon gown created for Kate Winslet to wear in the film.
* Rose’s “Jump” Dress: This is the original gown created for Kate Winslet to wear in the film.
* All of these custom made dresses are available to order on Titanic Gowns. They would make beautiful costumes for an elegant party, or even just a keepsake. There are many more gowns on the website and I highly recommend looking at all the fabulous designs.