Now that Betsey Johnson is teaming up with OPI to create a limited edition nail lineup, we can bring some style to our nails! “With her love of hot pink and bold stripes, fashion designer Betsey Johnson is known for her colorful and outrageous clothing. Fans who can’t get enough of her designs will soon be able to decorate their nails in a similarly over-the-top style.”
Don’t worry about breaking that low-budget! The nail polish is only $9.50 (that is perfect for us college students!) The nail collection will be available next month in Sephora stores across the country. Betsey Johnson didn’t tame down her style for the nail collection. “The collection is just how I like it—loud, outrageous, pretty, pinky and kick-ass rock and roll,” she said.
- Forever Wild – an exciting black grape hue
- Pushing Your Luck – a deep red shade
- It’s My Pink! – a hot pink, scented nail polish
- Sparkling Personality – a gleaming silver glitter
- Alley Cat – a purple-y fuchsia
- Cartwheels on the Catwalk – a seafoam green
- XOX Betsey – a sandy nude shade tone
(Colors shown below)
Having your nails done might not be a college fashionistas top priority, but to the models participating in NY Fashion Week, it is. During almost any show at NY Fashion Week, there are approximately 20-40 models who have to get manicures. Only about 14 nail techs are on hand at each show, and each one has less than 10 minutes to make a model’s nails look perfect.