Every Fashionista has most likely been keeping up with New York Fashion Week. If not… tomorrow is the last day! Try and check it out before it’s over because it is an amazing event. New York is one of the biggest fashion capitals in the world, and this week they have been hosting the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. It is one of the most famous fashion events, and my dream is to one day attend this event. But in the mean time, here is some interesting information that you may not have already known!
* The first New York Fashion Week was in 1943. Back then it was called “Press Week.”
* Approximately 230,000 people attend New York Fashion Week.
* They’re responsible for more than $446 million in visitor spending.
* Each show at New York Fashion Week only lasts 7-20 minutes.
* There are 200 shows during New York Fashion Week with about 30 models per show.
* About 10 of those models do an estimated 4 shows a day, while about 5 more girls are considered the top models of the season and might do 5 or 6 shows a day.
* The four major fashion capitals of the world are New York, London, Milan, and Paris. The fashion weeks in the respective cities take place in the exact same order every year, starting with New York. There are two fashion shows every year in each location – one in February and one in September.